Throughout the year, security researchers submit some amazing work to us under the Microsoft Bug Bounty program. Starting this quarter, we want to give a shout out to and acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the following individuals and companies who have contributed to securing Microsoft’s products and services over our third quarter (January-March 2018).
Top 5 Bounty Hunters by Award:
- Kai Kang (@4B5F5F4B) – $40,000
- Nick Freeman – $20,000
- Yves Jean Avenard (Mozilla) – $15,000
- The UK’s National Cyber Security Centre – $15,000
- Yunhai Zhang (NSFOCUS) – $15,000
Top 5 Bounty Hunters by Qualifying Bounty Submissions:
- Ashar Javed (@soaj1664ashar) – 22 Submissions
- Cameron Vincent (@secretlyhidden1) – 16 Submissions
- Suresh Chelladuri – 5 Submissions
- Kai Kang (@4B5F5F4B) – 3 Submissions
- Mario Gomes (@netfuzzer) – 2 Submissions
Congratulations to these researchers! Starting this year, these tallies will be reflected in updated Top Security Researcher lists we unveil at BlackHat USA. The MSRC team wants to extend our sincere thanks for the continued support and submissions from all of our security researchers. Together we can make the ecosystem more secure.
Would you like to be in our “Top 5″ Bug Bounty program awards? Check out https://aka.ms/bugbounty and send us your submissions to any of the bug bounty programs that we have listed. Send us a high-quality report to ensure the highest possible payout, you might just find yourself in our quarterly “Top 5” awards!