We’re excited to announce a significant update to the Security Update Guide, our one-stop site for information about all security updates provided by Microsoft. This new version will provide a more intuitive user experience to help protect our customers regardless of what Microsoft products or services they use in their environment. We’ve listened to your feedback and incorporated many of your suggestions and new feature ideas. For example, it is now much easier to get a simple list of all CVEs being released on an Update Tuesday or between your own custom date range (see Vulnerabilities tab). Additionally, you can now quickly get a unique list of downloadable patches along with links to Release Notes and KB Articles (see Deployments tab). Finally, you can select columns to personalize your display (see Edit Columns), and you can even switch to Dark Mode if you prefer (see Theme control in menu).
We would love to hear your thoughts!
This new platform will enable us to continue to deliver iterative feature improvements, so stay tuned. For now, here’s a list of highlights in this updated version of the Security Update Guide:
- More modern user interfaces and improved user experience.
- Better filtering and the ability to customize your data views.
- A column selector with export support to generate and download your own custom reports.
- Multiple tables with scenario-focused data views:
- “Vulnerabilities” table listing all CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) details.
- “Downloads” table listing package-related information for security updates.
- “All” table presenting the most data and customization options.
- Better support for localization handling and multiple languages.
There is no impact or change to the CVRF API at this time.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the MSRC website.
The MSRC Team