Today, we are excited to recognize this quarter’s Microsoft Researcher Recognition Program leaderboard and share new swag awards and improvements to the leaderboard. Congratulations and thank you to everyone for your hard work and continued partnership to secure customers.
The top three researchers of the 2022 Q1 Security Researcher Leaderboard are: Yuki Chen, William Söderberg, and Terry Zhang @pnig0s!
We are continually listening to feedback from the researcher community making improvements to how we thank and recognize researchers. With that, we’re excited to debut our new website that will hold future leaderboards. The new site will improve search engine discoverability for the researchers recognized and make it easier to share to highlight their hard work.
Check out the full list of researchers recognized this quarter here. Look for the technology and product specific leaderboards on the website soon.
Congratulations to the top Azure researchers this quarter: William Söderberg, Terry Zhang @pnig0s, and HP!
Congratulations to the top Office researchers this quarter: Rocco Calvi (@TecR0c), Anonymous, and Adrian Ivascu!
Congratulations to the top Windows researchers this quarter: Yuki Chen, k0shl, and bugwhale!
But wait…that’s not all! Researchers recognized in the 2021 Q4 and 2022 Q1 leaderboards will receive a commemorative YETI rambler of their choosing! Researchers will be receiving an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in the coming weeks to claim their new swag.
This 2022 Q1 leaderboard reflects point values for cases that are:
- Submitted and assessed by the MSRC team between January 1, 2022, and March 31, 2022
- Submitted between October 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021 (last program period), but assessed after January 1, 2022
Past MSRC Quarterly Leaderboards:
- 2022-02: MSRC 2021 Q4 Security Researcher Leaderboard
- 2021-10: MSRC 2021 Q3 Security Researcher Leaderboard
- 2021-08: MSRC 2021 Most Valuable Security Researchers
- 2021-07: MSRC 2021 Q2 Security Researcher Leaderboard
- 2021-04: MSRC 2021 Q1 Security Researcher Leaderboard
Keep up the awesome work and we look forward to seeing you for our quarterly and annual leaderboards in August!
Lynn Miyashita, MSRC